New Home Landscapes
As your new home approaches completion, it’s time to focus on the externals that will complement the beauty of your new home. As you may have seen from your visits to display homes, there are many variables you need to consider. A sloping block may require retaining walls to maximise the usable space outdoors. A waffle-pod slab home built on fill may expose your private outdoor space to the neighbours and require the need for screening.
We take a personalised approach that is uniquely designed for your individual needs, taste & style. This means that no two gardens we have constructed are ever the same. Most site challenges we face are turned into benefits by creating features that involve aspects and vistas through different sightlines emanating from inside and around your home.
By the way, it’s never too early in your home building or renovation process to give us a call. Landscaping can often be an afterthought during the home building procedure which can leave risk of future access difficulties and increased cost to achieve your desires for your outdoor space. One tip we’d always suggest is to incorporate a roller door at the back of your garage as opposed to a pedestrian access door. This opens up the opportunities for what we can achieve with machine access, as opposed to being restricted or needing access through neighbouring properties.
Landscaping budget for your new home can often be swallowed up in advance by unforseen house building costs. Having an idea of final landscaping works in advance can help with reserving funds for this imperative step in the home building procedure.
Remember that first impressions always count and the outdoor presentation of your home is of paramount importance as is the functional use of each space. All too often we see a beautiful home let down by a second-rate landscape.
A Supreme Green Landscape makes your house stand out in the street and provide you with a quality outdoor lifestyle. As we complete the final stage of your new home build, think of Supreme Green as adding the “icing on the cake” of your new home.
Below is a step-by-step guide of our process when engaged by you to quote on the Landscaping of your new home:
1) CONSULTATION ON-SITE
After speaking with you over the phone or email, we’d like to meet you onsite to discuss your needs and wants in the outdoor space around your home. Approximately an hour long in duration, we gather ideas, formulate a brief and conceptualise a solution matched to your budget. Also to narrow down on creating functional and efficient use of each area and it’s connection with your home.
We’ll show you a portfolio of previous works to see what unique elements may suit your taste, lifestyle and budget. We discuss options with you in person to ascertain the Scope of Works and help develop a brief to create a Landscape that will best compliment your home, enhance your outdoor lifestyle, taking into consideration aspect, colour scheme, and ongoing maintenance levels amongst other factors.
We’ll need to get a copy of a scaled site plan from you showing the house on the entire block as it stands, showing all boundaries. We can then sketch some ideas and make some notes on the spot. Whether it might be individual elements to quote on or your entire outdoor project, we can even create a master plan to be staged in construction based on your affordability.
In listening to your needs and ideas, then offering our guidance if required, we outline an approach to the project that varies greatly depending on whether your property is to be lived in by you for a long period of time, sold in the near future or to be rented out. Sometimes we combine different options if the residence is part of a Multi-Unit Development. Our method also caters for the security and enjoyment of your children and/or pets where required.
As part of this process we take photos, measurements and give approximate construction cost estimations based on different material alternative options.
3) QUOTATION & CONTRACT
After deciding on an exact layout for the different areas around your home we write up detailed, clear and concise costings written in plain terms breaking down the elements of the project in the order they’ll be carried out.
As standard we provide:
- Fixed Price Contracts with no hidden extras and All Inclusive Quotes to avoid any surprises at the end of the project
- Alternative Options to adjust for budget constraints
- Realistic timeframes for commencement and completion
- Scheduled Progress Payment Plans are detailed
- Contracted Terms & Conditions in line with the Construction Industry standard
*Payment by Paypal, VISA and Mastercard credit cards attract a 2% surcharge
4) CONSTRUCTION & COMPLETION
- We handle almost all aspects of the project in-house and where required, we partner with our tried and tested unit of qualified tradespersons (such as plumbers and electricians) so you only have to deal with one person for your whole outdoor project and offer you a complete solution to your outdoor needs.
- Using a close-knit team of hand-picked professionals, we pride ourselves on minimal disturbance to the site and full clean-up at the end of each day.
- During the build we pride ourselves on giving full transparency with our processes and co-ordination of each stage of the project, keeping you in the loop on what’s happening when at your place. We keep you informed of each process and update you on timing until completion of the project
- We do a final walkthrough with you on completion of your new landscape to discuss any particulars like on-going care, especially for the initial establishment phase of any turf and planting.
- With your permission our final photos may be used on future marketing material including magazines